Thursday, February 24, 2011

Art of Words Project













For my photojournalism class, I am documenting the spoken word and open mic scene in the Atlanta area. This project started as an exploration of open mic nights at Java Monkey in Decatur, Ga. It has now evolved into focusing on three well known poets in the area and getting a glimpse into their life as a spoken word artist. The first poet on my journey was Darnell Fine. He has spoken a lot around the Atlanta area and is a member of a slam team. Initially I was taking photographs at these open mic events, but have decided to meet one on one with each individual to interview and photograph them along with any specific belongings they own. (i.e. a journal they write in, headphones, etc.) This is a glimpse into what I have been working on thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT 2010 BY THE AUTHOR OF THIS WEBSITE - DANA SOUTHERLAND

Followers